Monday, March 5, 2012

Planes, fasting, and huaraches!

Hey everyone! Only three more days until we leave from Jackson, Mississippi on a plane to Lisbon! Well actually, there will be a few planes involved... Here's what our planes schedules look like:

Thursday:
Around 3:30 pm we depart from Jackson and arrive in Houston an hour and a half later.

We spend another hour and a half waiting for our next flight to depart from Houston around 6:30 pm and we will be on that plane for nine hours before we arrive in London Friday morning. (yay for trying to sleep on the plane! ;p honestly though, we are all three starting to get our bodies on Lisbon time to help prevent or lessen jet lag. Going to bed around five and waking up at two or three in the morning.)

We will spend a couple hours in London and our next flight departs Friday around noon and we will arrive in Lisbon three hours later.

Our trip back is crazier.. We fly eight-ish hours from Lisbon to Newark, then from Newark to Houston, then we will be staying the night in the Houston airport and our flight home will depart the following morning.

Right now I and preparing myself mentally and physically and spiritually for the trip. I am doing a dietary cleansing of my body for three days by only eating fruits and vegetables.

I have been praying for guidance and revelation of the burdens weighing down my spirit that have accumulated from my past sins and mistakes as well as my current stresses. I will find a stone about hand size, enough weight to be a recognizable extra burden, to be a symbol of the burdens I am carrying in my heart. Somewhere along the camino I will leave that stone burden behind me, literally and spiritually relieving myself of all that extra weight and growing past those troubles. I pray that this moving on will be permanent for my whole life and that God will help me keep my heart light and bar the devil from reminding me of the burdens I have left behind.

I am also going to follow up my journey on the camino with a ten day lemonade fast to cleanse and detoxify body, mind, spirit. I will be living off of only lemonade made with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of grade B maple syrup, and 1/10 of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper for every 10 ounces of water. I will drink roughly half a gallon of this a day for ten days. This is also called the Master Cleanse. If you want to see exactly what I'm doing check it out here: http://calorielab.com/news/2008/07/17/master-cleanse-in-detail/

I am also thinking about making fasting a regular thing in my life. I want to do one or two 18-24 hour fasts a week to focus on getting back to God.

On another note, I just got HUARACHES!!! And I'm super excited about them!! They are a modern version of native Mexican Indian running sandals and they feel like you're not wearing anything when you put them on. I love it! It's like being barefoot all the time! They can be made from lots of different materials from tire soles to car carpet soles with paracord string to tie it on. So you can trace your feet and make your own, but I ordered mine from Invisibleshoe.com from Steven and they are fantastic! He has specially made soles made just for barefoot runners and they are very soft and comfortable. I ordered the kit with the 4 mm thick FeelTrue soles and they were such a great price! I bought two other color lacing so now I have three colors to choose from, black, brown, and red. (planning on ordering white after Memorial Day!) The kit I ordered had two soles, my three laces, three Bobbi pins, and a metal hole punch that you use with a hammer. When you get your shoes, you stand on them ad mark with a sharpie the place where you want to punch the hole for the string to go between your toes. After you punch it you use the pins to help pull the string through the little holes. My feet are not very wide so i also trimmed some of the width of the soles. There is a certain way to string your shoes that Steven does a wonderful job illustrating in videos on his website :) I tie mine like toga sandals because I think they look different and cool that way but you can tie them to be slip on sandals like so many shoes other people wear. I love love love these and can't wait to wear them around the towns we visit in portugal and Spain :)) and yes you can run in them!

Talk to you soon! Keep in touch!
Love,
Taylor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment